Tuesday 14 April 2020

A small selection of moths recently caught in my garden


I thought you might like to see a selection of the moths that I have caught in my Wiltshire garden over the last couple of weeks. I use a moth trap that has a bright light which attracts the moths. Hopefully then, as they fly around the light they collide with some baffles which sends them into the trap, where they hide in the dark amongst old egg boxes.

In the morning, I record what I have caught, taking pictures of some of them, before releasing them unharmed back into the wild.

I hope you enjoy them!! 

A Brindled Beauty moth - what a great name! 

A Bee moth.  The larvae of this species feed on the comb inside bee and wasp nests


A Pebble Prominent moth

A Streamer moth blending in well with the surrounding lichens

No comments:

Post a Comment